Monday 1 August 2011

USA DAZE

Holiday break - part one.

New York was the essence of everything sultry and hot. I took a leaf out of the Tourists' Handbook and ticked off as many as possible ;)  

San Francisco was the essence of extremes, I've never needed to put on and taken off a jacket so often.

Los Angeles sprawled, lavish and splendid - all stars and signs.

I was sad I couldn't fit Carpinteria into my suitcase, I want that town.

I walked the length and breadth of San Ysidro - shopping and footbridges.

Tijuana - over the border, in Mexico - was an extreme contrast.

I apologise to all the places I haven't mentioned yet, I loved every minute of my holiday.

I sat on more beautiful beaches than I can count, read over ten books but wrote only about 1,000 words.

It will come as no surprise that I toasted my head which is a great place for sunburn, almost as good as burning my bum and I did that too ;)

Holiday break - part two.

I'm away again, from today. I'm helping my Mum move house, as she is down-sizing. I'm going to need magical assistance, Hermionie's handbag might be nearly large enough to fit all the stuff Mum wants to bring to her new flat. 

Summer break? ;)

Hope you are having a productive holiday. Have you considered doing Camp NaNoWriMo? 

No comments:

Post a Comment