Wednesday 25 January 2012

Camera Obscura - I LOVE MY JEAN

I'll be celebrating Burns' Night, not with Haggis (1,149 calories, you know ;) not with whiskey (I've signed up to100 days without alcohol :) I'm celebrating with family and the words of the poet.


Firmness in enduring and exertion is a character I always wish to possess. I have always despised the whining yelp of complaint and cowardly resolve. ~ Robert Burns


After dealing, last week, with the sudden death of my daughter's friend, my Mum's minor heart attack on Monday and her current stay in hospital is a kind of relief. There is joy in having time.


"Here is a test to find whether your mission on Earth is finished: If you're alive, it isn't."~ Robert Burns


Jean
Of a' the airts the wind can blaw,
I dearly like the west,
For there the bonie lassie lives,
The lassie I lo've best:
There's wild woods grow, and rivers row,
And mony a hill between;
But day and night my fancy's flight
Is ever wi' my Jean.
I see her in the dewy flowers,
I see her sweet and fair:
I hear her in the tunefu' birds,
I hear her charm the air:
There's not a bonie flower that springs
By fountain, shaw, or green,
There's not a bonie bird that sings,
But minds me o' my Jean.

I HAVE BEEN WRITING BUT NOT AS MUCH AS I'D LIKE TO GET DONE. HOW GOOD ARE YOU AT BALANCING COMMITMENTS?  

2 comments:

  1. Ewww, not only does Haggis sound disgusting, it's fattening. Just another reason for me not to try it. If I'm going to consume that many calories, I had been taste yummy (and be covered in whipping cream). :D

    Writing fiction is my passion and it's something I can't give up. Going one day without it is torture. But for me, writing can be many things, including working on my characterizations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your evening! Mm, Haggis, had it once. Enough said.

    ReplyDelete