Thursday 5 January 2012

SO WHAT DID YOU LEARN TODAY?

FILLING IN THE BLANKS
Remember that everyone you meet is afraid of something,
loves something and has lost something.
H. Jackson Brown Jr




















100k IN 100 DAYS


THESE ARE OPENINGS ONLY - I'M NOT ABOUT TORTURE BY TORMENT ;)     


04/01/12 PROMPT 5 


It's unbelievably hard but I love you anyway by Boyzone (a song that is sooo not me:) I multiplied by  Unfaithful by Rihanna (a song that is much closer to my musical homeland;) It's a two song literary mash-up ;)


You dress to amaze, impress and so much more. You do it for you, I get that - but it feels like you do it for me too (that's foolish, I know.) When we are walking out there my pride expands until it fills my world - until you fill my world. 
Why's it then when you smooth the fabric - when you check the way it clings - I end up thinking the things you wear aren't for either of us? Is the someone inside you (the part of you you never share with me) never happy? Is it insecurity?


05/01/12  PROMPT 1


character: holiday maker
setting:  the tropics
conflict: can't find a child


"He can't have gone far. Calm down."
"Calm down?" I screech as I turn around. The market place is nearly empty and I can't see Sonny anywhere. There are so many roads. I turn around again. My hands are useful. I shade my eyes so I can see, and twist my fringe around my fingers until my head hurts and I feel less sick. In one direction the low sun blinds me and I panic again.
"Anna, stop turning!" Ben says, "I can't think."
I hold my breath and meet his dark eyes. There's no hope only black depths and wide white edges under his creased forehead. "Oh, God! You ARE worried."


AS FOR THE WIP I'VE WRITTEN 4,00 WORDS IN 5 DAYS.


While expanding my journal, I've rediscovered the adjective slapping (slappin') - meaning big/good/fast. I've got it written next to mint (meaning way-badly good) which my Minnow uses alarmingly-often;)


HAVE YOU GOT A FAVOURITE NEW WORD?

2 comments:

  1. You're doing 100K? Awesome! I've accomplished my 1000 per day and it's getting easier. I'm so happy about my new regular writing routine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your writing challenge. The routine is definitely key. Speaking of which, I was doing really well until I had my Christmas-present nails done. Now I find my fingers shearing off the keys, far too regularly. ;)

    ReplyDelete