Tuesday 1 January 2013


Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Every New Year’s Day, I love to think about the year that’s raced to its end, as well as the promise of the year ahead. It’s so me: if I’m not reflecting I’m analysing and if I’m not doing that I’m planning.

My goals for this year are:

  • To read more
  • To set time related goals
  • To live life to the full
  • Be thankful for everything I have
  • To find new music to be passionate about
  • Learn something new –my course prospective is earmarked with my determination to achieve this one
  • Travel somewhere I’ve never been to before – we have a wedding to attend in Corfu but this won’t meet my “never-been” criterion. My big somewhere might end up being a holiday camp with a football team!
  • Eat healthy
  • To live in the now

4 comments:

  1. Those are great goals! :)

    Eat healthy ended up on my list, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks GE ;) When others would settle for eating anything at all, I'm only glad healthy eating is an option.

      Delete
  2. It's been awhile since we chatted. Here's hoping you nail all your goals in the new year. Cheers and boogie boogie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ivy
      Things are busy, but mostly in a good way. I didn't nail one of my goals even when I clicked PUBLISH on the post. Oops!

      Delete